Marking its seventh year, the Petaluma Music Festival takes place on Saturday, Aug. 2 at the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds & Event Center in Petaluma.
Performing at the 2014 music fest are:
- New Orleans funk and jazz jam band Galactic,
- the California rock and soul of The Mother Hips,
- the country and western sounds of Brokedown in Bakersfield featuring Nicki Bluhm,
- the Brooklyn funk and soul of Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds,
- the Americana folk of local singer-songwriter David Luning,
- the sweet three part sibling harmony of the T Sisters,
- the hip hop, jazz, and electronica of Adam Theis & Jazz Mafia,
- and the Louisiana sounds of Andre Thierry & Zydeco Magic.
Joining these headliners are Bay Area favorites: The Highway Poets; Levi Lloyd & The 501 Band; IrieFuse; The Pine Needles; Ariel Garcia; and The Market Farmers Band.
All festival proceeds benefit the music education programs in all Petaluma area public schools, and the presenting community partner is Lagunitas Brewing Company.
Rounding out the day are a silent auction, a celebrity-autographed guitar raffle, a kids' area and food, craft, and merchandise vendors.
The Petaluma Music Festival is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to “keeping music in the schools,” and over past years has donated nearly $100,000 to keeping music in the schools.
Tickets are $40 General Admission, $85 VIP Premium (includes shaded reserved seating with complimentary wine, beer, and light appetizers), and children 12 and under are free with a paying adult.
Ticket prices will increase on the day of festival.
Students 13-17 can purchase $20 tickets at the door.
Tickets are available for purchase online at www.petalumamusicfestival.org and in person at McNear's Restaurant in Petaluma, the Lagunitas TapRoom & Beer Sanctuary in Petaluma, People’s Music in Sebastopol, and the Last Record Store in Santa Rosa.
Gates open and music begins at 12 noon and the festival concludes at 9 p.m.
The festival location is the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds, 175 Fairgrounds Drive, Petaluma, CA 94952.
For more information about the Petaluma Music Festival, visit: www.petalumamusicfestival.org