Petaluma Educational Foundation
POSITION: Petaluma Educational Foundation Administrative / Development Assistant. This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
SUMMARY:The Administrative / Development Assistant reports directly to the Development & Marketing Director. Duties include a focus on the Foundation’s overall development efforts,maintaining the organization’s calendar of events, including, thank you letters, donor communications, reporting and tracking, identification of grant opportunities, and other functions as required.Utilize multiple skill sets to achieve fundraising, marketing and communication objectives identified by the Directors of PEF.Must be able to work independently. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTONS:Must be able to communicate effectively; maintain cooperative, professional and diplomatic working relationships with volunteers, donors, corporate partners,PEF Office and Alphabet Soup Thrift Store Staff.
* Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing.
* Proficient in general office software including Microsoft Office Suite (Mac)
* Maintains Google committee calendars, offering support on upgrades and apps to provide efficiency
* Collaboratively development visual and written collateral: blogs, photography, videography, social media
* Assist in the updating of the website
* Perform outreach duties to existing and new school contacts to support increased brand recognition of PEF’s mission
* Coordinate materials for meetings, training sessions and other activities of the organization used to assist in annual fundraising campaigns
* Maintain and update NPE database
* Prepare committee/board meeting handouts, record minutes at various committee/board meetings
* Greet and direct office visitors, answer main office telephone system, respond to direct requests for information and/or forward messages/emails to appropriate staff
* Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
* Must be able to maintain professional attitude at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The Administrative / DevelopmentAssistant will spend most days sitting using office equipment and computers toaccomplish tasks. The Administrative / Development Assistant may need to reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl at various times.Employee may have to do lifting and moving of light to boxes and supplies up to forty pounds. Employee must exercise good judgment if performing these tasks and determining when to get assistance.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:The PEF office is an active, open area setting with mid to high-level noise and activity.The AdministrativeAssistantwill contend with frequent interruptions and meetings within the open office environment.
* Fluency in office administration tasks and computer savvy.
* Excellent organizational skills, including the management of multiple tasks, accuracy and attention to detail mindful of deadlines.
* Self-starter who can prioritize and manage their work.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* The individual must exhibit excellent people skills and polished communication skills in phone, mail and face-to-face encounters.
* Must be able to think analytically.
* Must have demonstrated ability to work as a team player or to work independently with little supervision.
* Capability to assist in writing reports, business correspondence and effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, homeless guests, and general public.
* High school diploma/GED, some college preferred
* Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
* Knowledge of office setting software suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word Press a plus) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs)Contact:
Name: Maureen Highland
Address: 200 Douglas Street Petaluma, CA 94952
Phone: 707 778 4632
Please include the following in the subject line: PEF Admin. Position
AT WILL EMPLOYMENT:Petaluma Educational Foundation (PEF) is an at-will employer. Under the at-will policy, neither the employee nor PEF are committed to continuing the employment relationship for any specific term. Either side may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice. PEF retains the right to demote, transfer, change job duties and change compensation at any time with or without notice and with or without cause in its sole discretion. In deciding to work for the Petaluma Educational Foundation or continuing to work for the Petaluma Educational Foundation, you must understand and accept these terms of employment.