As part of the sixth annual V-Day Petaluma campaign to raise awareness and end violence against women and girls, we are encourging local artists to enter 2-D art that is a positive expression of women; their resilency, their sensuality; an expression of what the V-Day movement means to them; why they are RISING; or artwork relating to women’s empowerment and prevention of violence against women and girls. Artists are encouraged to visit the V-Day or V-Day Petaluma, for an understanding of the movement. V-Day Petaluma is hosted by Guided To Safety.
To promote the campaign we will be staging entries at Worthy Of Love Furnishings from February 1 through March 2.
- Theme: We Are Rising!
- Deadline for submitting JPGs: January 23, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance: no later than January 26, 2013
- Submission Fee: $5/entry
- Up to three pieces per artist, max 48″ x 48″ per piece
- 2D only: photography, paint, digital, collages
- Sale: V-Day Petaluma/Guided To Safety accepts a 15% donation of sale price
- Art Reception: Saturday, February 9, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- Submit JPG to: Sheridan Gold, firstname.lastname@example.org
Artwork is to be hand-delivered and picked up (dates to be specified upon acceptance). At time of delivery a release of liability must be completed and the entry fee paid. All works must be ready for installation; wall-hung work must be wired securely; no eye hooks in two-dimensional pieces, please.
For further details or to submit a JPG for jurying, please contact Sheridan Gold at email@example.com.