.

Family of Three Forced to Evacuate Home in Early Morning Fire

Patch stock photo.
Patch stock photo.
A family of three were forced to evacuate their home early on Wednesday morning due to a fire in the crawl space of their home at 1031 Country Club Drive.

Six engines responded to the fire at 2:47 a.m. on Jan. 1, according to Capt. Dan Farren of the Petaluma Fire Department.

Fire crews saw smoke coming from a wall of the house. The source was a fire which had ignited in a crawl space below the fireplace, Farren said.

Firefighters extinguished the fire, and residents reported no injuries, according to Farren.

The family became aware of the fire when one member smelled smoke, Farren said. Although smoke detectors were present in the home, they didn't sound an alarm.

Rancho Adobe Fire District also responded to the call.

Damage is estimated at $5,000 to $10,000.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »