.

Safeway Evacuated After Electrical Malfunction

No injuries reported

A Safeway store in Petaluma was evacuated this afternoon after electrical equipment inside began smoking, a Petaluma Fire Department battalion chief said.

There was no fire, but the store at 389 S. McDowell Blvd. was evacuated around 12:15 p.m., Battalion Chief Russ Rasmussen said. PG&E and the store's general electrical contractors responded to the incident, and no injuries were reported, he said.

Firefighters have left the scene but PG&E remains on site, Rasmussen said. 

-Bay City News

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something