BOOM! The sound heard regularly around Novato — and reported frequently in Novato Patch's police log — was heard 9 p.m. Saturday night in the Partridge Knolls Tot Lot. This time the boom was accompanied by fire.
In this close-knit Partridge Knolls' community on Novato's north side, residents quickly jumped into action. Julian Stone ran into his house after hearing one of the neighbors yell "Fire!" Julian and his friend Doug Singler sprinted to the park clutching fire extinguishers.
Julian emptied the contents of the first fire extinguisher and put out the fire quickly. Thanks to his efforts, the fire was limited to a small area.
Firefighters responded and the police quickly followed. They combed the area for evidence, hopeful to stop the mysterious, loud booming noises throughout Novato.
Think about these questions:
- Are you prepared for a fire?
- Do you know your neighbors?
- In the event of an emergency, will they spring into action?
- Do you own a fire extinguisher? If so, do you know how to operate it?
- Do your family members know where the fire extinguisher is located?