.

Victoria-Style Duplex Catches Fire in Petaluma

Officials said the cause of the fire on Wilson Street was faulty electrical wiring. The blaze left the home uninhabitable.

Patch file photo.
Patch file photo.
—By Bay City News

Firefighters in Petaluma quickly doused a blaze at a home Thursday night, officials said.

Crews responded to a report of a structure fire at a two-story Victorian-style duplex at about 8:20 p.m. in the 200 block of Wilson Street, fire officials said.

When crews arrived at the scene, they located light smoke coming from an exterior wall at the home and a resident was putting water on the blaze with a garden hose, according to officials.

All other occupants of the home had evacuated prior to crews arriving. A neighbor notified the occupants of the fire, allowing everyone to evacuate.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze about 20 minutes later, at 8:40 p.m., according to officials.

Officials said the cause of the fire was faulty electrical wiring. The blaze left the home uninhabitable.

Crews were able to limit the damage inside the home. The residence sustained about $1,000 in damage, officials said. No one was injured in the blaze.

Copyright © 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. -- Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »